Lawn & Garden
Florida gardening presents unique challenges, so we offer research-based assistance, information, and advice. Whether you are developing a vegetable garden, choosing landscape plants, or seeking information about lawn care, our resources will help you make your yard green and beautiful.
To find out what Extension services are available in your area or to get personal assistance, please contact your county Extension office.
Learn more about Tillandsia, or the "air plant," which is fairly easy to maintain. More...
Despite the cold weather, many plants and vegetables can thrive throughout the month. More...
Use these tips to keep poinsettia and Christmas cactus healthy and beautiful long after the holidays. More...
Learn how to protect your landscape plants from possible freezes this winter. More...
The plant this month is mistletoe, a popular Yuletide decoration, that is also poisonous if eaten. More...
- Entomology and Nematology Department
- Environmental Horticulture Department
- Extension Soil Testing Laboratory
- FAWN: Florida Automated Weather Network
- Florida Master Gardener Program
- Florida Partnership for Water, Agriculture & Community Sustainability at Hastings
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping™
- Gardening in a Minute
- Horticultural Sciences Department
- IPM Florida
- Landscape Plants
- Living Green
- Pesticide Information Office
- Plant Pathology Department
- School Gardens
- Soil and Water Science Department
- Trees and Hurricanes